lightning arrester types include polymer housing type and porcelain housing type. We call Silicone housing type composite metal oxide surge arrester, and we call porcelain housing type porcelain metal oxide surge arresters. The difference between the two types surge arresters is only on the insulation housing. Both types of surge arrester are the key equipment in the electric power system. They are protecting the equipment from the lightning impulse. There are surge arresters without gaps and surge arrester with gaps in the power distribution lines.
Rich Power Company offers a complete range of surge arresters for high and medium voltage applications. The range comprises of AC and DC solutions up to 1,100kV and arresters for special applications like railways, DC-voltage limiting devices and many other purposes. The designs comply with the IEC 60099-4 and ANSI/IEEEC62.11.
Specifications and Types;
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Good sealing capability to ensure reliable operation.
- The protection and reliability of the surge arrester have been greatly enhanced.
- Available in normal duty, heavy-duty and heavy-duty riser pole classifications
- Superior performance with porcelain housing
- The Evolution surge arrester offers significant improvements in protective characteristics and 60 Hz temporary over voltage (TOV) capability for all common over-head and riser-pole applications
- Meet or exceed the requirements of IEEE Std C62.11 standard or IEC 60099-4
The hollow core design offers improved cantilever strength and directional venting
- Moisture-impervious wrap
- Optionally available with extra creepage for use in areas with extreme conditions of natural and man-made atmospheric pollution
Surge Arrester Applications:
- Protection of AIS and GIS substation equipment
- Protection of AC and DC traction systems
- HVDC protection
- Protection of series capacitor banks
- Protection of cables
- Protection of transmission lines
- Installation in polluted areas and areas with high seismic activities