A surge arrester is a protective device for limiting voltage on equipment by discharging or bypassing surge current. It prevents continued flow to follow current to ground and it is capable of repeating these functions as specified per ANSI standard C62.11.
Polymer Surge arrester with gaps is a kind of lightning arrester for distribution lines. It is the key equipment in the electric power system. They are protecting the equipment against the lightning overvoltage impulse and operation overvoltage impulse. There are two types of lightning arresters in the power system, one is surge arrester with porcelain housing, and another is surge arrester with polymer housing. There is only a difference in the insulating housing. We also call surge arresters with polymer housing Silicone polymer housing surge arrester or composite metal oxide surge arrester. We call surge arresters with porcelain housing metal oxide surge arresters.
Rich Power Company offers a complete range of surge arresters for high and medium voltage applications. The range comprises of AC and DC solutions up to 1,100kV and arresters for special applications like railways, DC-voltage limiting devices and many other purposes. The designs comply with the IEC 60099-4 and ANSI/IEEEC62.11.
Specifications and Types:
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- Good sealing capability to ensure reliable operation.
- The protection and reliability of the surge arrester have been greatly enhanced.
- Available in normal duty, heavy-duty and heavy-duty riser pole classifications
- Superior performance with porcelain housing
- The Evolution surge arrester offers significant improvements in protective characteristics and 60 Hz temporary over voltage (TOV) capability for all common over-head and riser-pole applications
- Meet or exceed the requirements of IEEE Std C62.11 standard or IEC 60099-4
- The hollow core design offers improved cantilever strength and directional venting
- Moisture-impervious wrap
- Optionally available with extra creepage for use in areas with extreme conditions of natural and man-made atmospheric pollution
Surge Arrester Applications:
- Protection of AIS and GIS substation equipment
- Protection of AC and DC traction systems
- HVDC protection
- Protection of series capacitor banks
- Protection of cables
- Protection of transmission lines
- Installation in polluted areas and areas with high seismic activities