OPGW Cable Mainly used for power communication with accessories,relay protection,automatic transmission,installation together with high-voltage lines. The Stranded Optical Ground Wire (OPGW) is stranded by double or three layers of aluminum clad steel wires(ACS) or mix ACS wires and aluminum alloy wires, Its design is fully adapted to the most common electric line needs. As OPGW Manufacturer, OEM production is accepted.
The center stainless-steel tube is twisted with 1 to 2 layers of monofilament, which can be all-aluminum-clad steel wire or a mixed-stranded aluminum-clad steel wire and aluminum alloy wire.
Applications of OPGW:
- Commonly used in newly built overhead power lines.
- Can meet the requirements of big number of fibers and ultra high voltage(UHV) transmission lines.
- Can provide protection against lightning by transmitting large fault short-circuit current.
Features of OPGW:
- The cable diameter is larger, and the capacity of the number of fiber cores increases.
- The tensile strength and short-circuit current capacity are larger, and the mechanical performance and electrical performance are better balanced.
- The number of light units can be 1 to 3.
- Obtain a suitable secondary excess length through the best twisting design.
- 2 to 3 layers of outer monofilament, which can be all-aluminum-clad steel wire or mixed-stranded aluminum-clad steel wire and aluminum alloy wire.
Typical design for Double Layer：
Typical design for Three Layer：
Standards of OPGW:
- 1-5KM per roll. Packed by steel drum . Other packing available according to client`s Request.
- The cables are packed in carton, coiled on Bakelite & steel drum. During transportation, right tools should be used to avoid damaging the package and to handle with ease. Cables should be protected from moisture,kept away from high temperature and fire sparks,protected from over bending and crushing,protected from mechanical stress and damage.
Are you interested in our products? Contact us now.